About Us

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Training hard for Half Marathon

Today Jiansen and I did a hard training run for the Half Marathon coming up on Sun 20th May.  We ran 12 klms in 1 hour 15 minutes.  It was a good pace just below our "pain limit" and we kept pushing each other hard.

For me it was a victory because I have been nursing a mild strain in my ITB in my right knee for the last 3 weeks and have had difficulty running more than 7klms over that time, so it was a great feeling to be able to run without pain again.  Thanks to Rob Mair (Podiatrist), Kane (Massage Therapist, Claire (Massage Therapist), Toshie (Massage Therapist) and Jiansen (Chiropractor Extrordinaire!!) who helped me treat and manage the injury whilst continuing my training program.  It's great owning a natural health clinic.

I am still nervous about the 21 klms of the Half Marathon but I am sure we will make it.

Please help me raise money for the Australian Spinal research Foundation by sponsoring me to complete the race.  www.everydayhero.com.au/Doug_Eldred

No comments:

Post a Comment